Under review

We are attempting to use the new promo designer block. When a reader abandons his/her unfinished AdOwl order, I would like to offer the reader a button to call us. Tech support says it isn't possible. Can that be right? Ideas?

Peggy at the Leader 6 years ago updated by Christine Masters 6 years ago 3

We are attempting to use the new promo designer block. When a reader abandons his/her unfinished AdOwl order, I would like to offer the reader a button to call us. With an active click-to-call button. Tech support says it isn't possible. Can that be right? Ideas?

Under review

Hi Peggy!

Since the promo design is a block on the page, you have to place it somewhere on the site. 

Ad Owl does have places where you can add the block to the page, so, it is possible to have a Promo Designer block there.

However! The complexity comes from what you mean by "abandon." If you mean that they closed the website - you're right, this block couldn't be used for that purpose.

However, you could do a block on the page itself. An exit intent block won't work the same on mobile, but you could do the following:

- When a user hits the bottom of the page

- Wait 10 seconds

- Overlay with a "button" with tel:515-123-1234

- Use visibility classes to ensure it only shows on mobile phones

- Create another version for desktop

- Use Mailto

I didn't test this too much, but I did a quick example you can see (for a time) here:

https://flex-showcase.bloxcms.com/place_an_ad/?3333

Hi Christine, 

Thanks for the response and a good idea for how to deal with our classified issue. However, my MAIN question was about creating a phone link (tel:) instead of email. Our users are older and 70+ percent mobile. I think they would be more likely to just call us if they get confused while using AdOwl. A phone link would be useful in that. Thanks.

I just changed it so it would work on mobile... look at it on a phone or make your browser window skinny so it triggers the phone size.

It's just that the tel link needs to be on mobile only.