Completed

Ads block text

dakota 5 years ago updated by Joe Hansen (Product manager) 5 years ago 3

We've received many, many complaints that ads block out text in the phone app. We've contacted customer service but nothing was done. This is a real issue for our phone users.

Under review

Hi Dakota! We'll need more information... is the the mobile version of your website? Or in a native app? And if it is the native app, is it the TownNews Now App?

Also, if it is a TownNews App or webpage, can you give an example page? I looked at your website and didn't immediately see any ads that were covering anything. 

It's on the mobile version of our website -- we don't use any apps. I'm not sure if it happens on every phone, but it happens on my iPhone SE. Oddly enough, if you start looking at other pages on the site it can sometimes correct itself. Here's what it looks like: 

Completed

Dakota, it looks like at some point someone on your staff added a css rule to move the top ad unit to the left and have text wrap around it. This then breaks on mobile view size. I updated your site component css.utl file to add a conditional size check and to only apply that float if the screen is larger than mobile. I hope this helps!