Answered

Having to authenticate EVERY DANG TIME...

Kelly Thomas (DE Admin) 10 years ago updated by Aaron Gillette (Marketing Director, TownNews) 10 years ago 4
Having to authenticate EVERY DANG TIME I  want to watch a video discourages me from actually watching training videos. 1PWord won't even create a login >:-(

http://townnews.com/shared-content/perform/?domain_name=townnews.com&form_template=training_videos&tra

Answer

PINNED
Under review
Kelly,

Thank you for your input on this issue. As Aaron noted, in the past we used this data to track who was watching these videos so that we could see how customers were using our training resources. As we improve these resources we will be moving to a new training site based on our BLOX CMS in the future.

At this point we have removed the registration requirement in front of the existing videos, and we are looking at options for gathering this data in the future. The option of allowing customers to use that data to track their own employees has not been discussed, but it is something we can look into.

Thank you.

Jackie Haller
Training Team Lead
TownNews.com

Under review
Hi Kelly,

We ask for a login so we can track who is watching what, but I feel your pain. Those training videos are hosted on an older system that has some limitations. We're planning a site redesign in the near future, and that's one item I'd like to fix in the process. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Warm regards,

Aaron Gillette
Marketing Director
TownNews.com
So how can I, as a manager, access that tracking and see which of my employees have viewed training?  And you can still cookie a session for the user name... ;-)
PINNED
Under review
Kelly,

Thank you for your input on this issue. As Aaron noted, in the past we used this data to track who was watching these videos so that we could see how customers were using our training resources. As we improve these resources we will be moving to a new training site based on our BLOX CMS in the future.

At this point we have removed the registration requirement in front of the existing videos, and we are looking at options for gathering this data in the future. The option of allowing customers to use that data to track their own employees has not been discussed, but it is something we can look into.

Thank you.

Jackie Haller
Training Team Lead
TownNews.com