Answered

California Consumer Privacy Act Compliance

Jesus Sanchez 4 years ago updated 4 years ago 2

Hello.  I wanted to find out how TownNews and TownNews sites are planning to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act. Enforcement begins July 1. The easy part looks like updating our privacy policy but the nightmare looks to be how we will respond to requests to provide site visitors with information about how their personal information -- everything from email address to I.P. address -- has been been collected and sold and shared with third parties.  TownNews back in January said it was looking at potential solutions. Can the company share any details at this point? Would these solutions help with complying for requests with this information. 

Answer

Answer
Answered

Hello Jesus, we are still working through this. We've had a lot of rounds with legal folks to arrive at what will hopefully be a straightforward solution. We're hoping to partner with a company called OneTrust for the consent pieces, we'll have a canned form you can customize to address your Data Subject Requests, and I would recommend updating your privacy policy. We will have some samples of that as well. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Jesus Sanchez 4 years ago
Answer
Answered

Hello Jesus, we are still working through this. We've had a lot of rounds with legal folks to arrive at what will hopefully be a straightforward solution. We're hoping to partner with a company called OneTrust for the consent pieces, we'll have a canned form you can customize to address your Data Subject Requests, and I would recommend updating your privacy policy. We will have some samples of that as well. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the update! Hope we can comply without this becoming a time-consuming and costly burden.