Seeking advice for a workflow solution

joe 2 years ago updated 2 years ago 4

We're looking at making  move to a more streamlined content management and publishing system. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terminology there. We're happy with Town News. But currently, we spend a lot of time at our organization discussing story ideas, assigning them, editing, etc. We're looking for a tool (Have I missed this as part of Town News' offerings?) where a writer can be assigned a story/or choose from a selection of topics, receive a deadline, submit the story, allow an editor to be assigned and then, ultimately, schedule a post to BLOX. Or some similar process. Is anyone familiar with a tool that will help us manage/automate the publishing workflow? 

Hello, Joe

Thanks for taking the time to submit a question using the TownNews customer forum. We appreciate your feedback. Is your site currently using BLOX or BLOX Total CMS? 

Cody Dyer
TownNews
Blox Total CMS Product Manager
cdyer@townnews.com

Hi! Thanks for getting back! Just the BLOX, I believe. 

Thanks, Joe

BLOX Total CMS is a multi-channel print, web, and mobile publishing solution. Once enabled on the hosted BLOX site, TCMS provides expanded tools for newsrooms, including workflows and assignments. Both of these expanded options, I believe, can help manage your publishing workflows. 

Here's a link that provides an overview of BLOX Total CMS: 

https://townnews.com/solutions/products/blox-total-cms/article_061d602e-6d09-11e5-bc5a-1f47d8aed301.html

I'd be happy to schedule a demo for you and your team and discuss our available options. 

Cody Dyer
TownNews
Blox Total CMS Product Manager
cdyer@townnews.com

Hi Cody,

That's clarifying. Thanks for the info! I'm checking out the article you posted and will circle back on the demo if it looks like a good fit for us.

Happy holidays,

Joe