+3
Planned

​Automated Calendaring

Mary Shepard 8 years ago updated by Pat Checketts 7 years ago 3

Local organizations have contacted us about integrating their calendars with ours. They have been able to accomplish this with other local news sites. This would allow them to post the event to their calendar and it automatically appears in ours. Since most modern calendaring software supports the iCal format (as does Town News), would it be possible to integrate approved calendars? I understand we can currently import iCal, however making this more automated would be beneficial for both us internally and our community contacts.

Answer

+1
Answer
Planned

Hi Mary, 

We can accept an iCal feed from other sites and feed that into your Calendar. The site hosting the events would need to provide you that feed. Please contact our support team for setup.

Thanks!

Phil 

+1

It would be great to be able to subscribe to calendars from venues such as libraries and music clubs, so the new events added come into the workflow for approval on a daily or weekly basis.

Yes, I agree that would be a great tool and I was looking for something like this on BLOX.  We're a small market, but we want to be the go-to source for information about local events.  Not because it would generate a lot of revenue, but because if we don't, someone else will.

+1
Answer
Planned

Hi Mary, 

We can accept an iCal feed from other sites and feed that into your Calendar. The site hosting the events would need to provide you that feed. Please contact our support team for setup.

Thanks!

Phil