+1
Completed

More than 10 "similar topics" when you search community.townnews posts

Nick 8 years ago updated by Aaron Gillette (Marketing Director, TownNews) 8 years ago 3

Every time I have a question for this community I want to make sure someone else hasn't asked it before. I even did it for this question. /meta This may be beyond TownNews' ability to customize as I'm not sure about how UserEcho works. But when I search for something like "section tag" I know there have to be more than 10 results and I don't want to take away votes from another established topic by creating a new topic that could be exactly the same as a previous one.

So is this something that can be done?

I had another question/topic but I'll ask it another day. I decided today was the day I'd finally ask about more search results.

Answer

+1
Answer
Under review

Hi Nick,

After some digging around in UserEcho's settings, I found that it is possible to change the number of "similar topics" displayed below the search box. It defaults to 10, but I've increased it to 20 for the time being. Let us know if this is more useful . . . increasing it beyond 20 started to make the page feel pretty unwieldy.

Aaron Gillette

Marketing director

TownNews.com

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Nick 8 years ago
+1
Answer
Under review

Hi Nick,

After some digging around in UserEcho's settings, I found that it is possible to change the number of "similar topics" displayed below the search box. It defaults to 10, but I've increased it to 20 for the time being. Let us know if this is more useful . . . increasing it beyond 20 started to make the page feel pretty unwieldy.

Aaron Gillette

Marketing director

TownNews.com

Seems to be working well. Thanks!