An alternative to block quotes?

Bob Rose 6 years ago in BLOX Total CMS updated by Aidian 6 years ago 1

We love the way the block quotes styling feature shows up to highlight pull quotes, whether inline or as content boxes dragged inline.

We were wondering if it would be possible to have another presentation for quoted material.

This might be when you have a series of quotes back-and-forth (maybe you are reporting on a phone conversation), or if you were quoting from a long passage.

These quotes would be the size of the rest of the body copy, but indented and italicized.  Ideally handled through the article editor.

Maybe there's a way to do this that I'm missing.

Only way I've found is to build an HTML asset.  I've got a couple of shells with the style rules in place for different styles of quotes.  The other option would be to have the style defined in your site styles and just add the classes manually in the article editor's HTML view.

Either of these options work really well, but neither of them are all that useful to most of our non-technical staff.  It would be awesome if the article editor was a little more robust and full-featured like that.   

In addition to pull quotes there are a ton of other elements that can't be styled well, and if you take the time (as if I had it to spare) to style things manually, the editor will usually strip away your tags/style rules when it saves.  Makes a lot of features content turn out ugly on our site.