+1

Online Merchandise Store

Charlie Clark 6 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Ravi Kiran 2 years ago 5

Hello everyone,

We are wanting to set up an online store, selling merchandise such as t-shirts etc for a host of promotional items we run. Currently, we have a https://PRINTful.com account set up this, but it looks like there is no easy way to integrate the API with Blox CMS? 

Does anyone have any other platform they may be using or work around without building out another site with a Shopify account or WordPress? Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 3.22.29 PM.png

+1

Our circulation department would like an easy to integrate store as well for these same types of items.

+1

You can, with some hacking around, use blox forms to sell product and accept payments.  But the fact is even after a lot of hand coding CSS hacks it's still ugly AF because you're stuck modifying the clunky forms layout and trying to shoehorn products in there.

Like so: https://www.yakimaherald.com/order/readers_choice_winners/?submitted_page=1

you have to get to page 2 to see the true, um, beauty, of the design :) 

+1

Hey Aidian,

Thanks for the heads up, we would have loved to stay in the Blox arena, but some items seem very limited.

We got around all the headaches by just building a Wordpress site. I set up a Cpanel host and dropped in a default store theme and started the build.

1. I used WooCommerce as our Store Engine to apply the standard shopping experience for users.
  2. We choose PrintFul as our drop shipping provider (This comes at no cost to us for the shirts)
  3. Build time was less than about 4 hours in total
  4. We still need to inject the SSL which will be on in about 72 hours.
  5. We are able to use Paypal and any other type of banking system for ease of use for users.
  6. Keep in mind this is still beta but its running pretty smooth and looks damn slick. NUVO Store >

Thanks again and I'll share your store items with the rest of our company.

+3

Very slick.  And about what I'd have gone with, except for this conversation:

Ad person: "Yeah, we need a way to sell premiums associated with our reader's choice contest."

Web Monkey: "Sounds like a cool idea.  But isn't that promotion almost finished? The awards dinner is tomorrow."

Ad person: "Yeah, it's been great.  So you can build something by tomorrow afternoon, right?"

Web Monkey: "But it's already 4:30 p.m."

Ad person: "yeah, and?"

Web Monkey: Pours liquor, cries, opens text editor

Actual transcript :)

BTW, I love that your mission statement includes "make trouble"

+2

Definitely an option, but one more site/service that has to be maintained. It be so nice if there was an integrated option from Town News.