+7
Under review

Subscriptions - "Upselling" without expiring current service?

Ian McPhee 5 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Rich Griffin | Product Manager (Product Manager) 5 years ago 2

Hey ya'll,

We recently launched our Subscriptions (we call it Membership) and there are five different price levels, including the free trial. Yesterday we got a call from someone who signed up for the lowest paid tier for one year, about a month ago. They now want to up their membership to the top level - something hopefully everyone will want to do at some point! Unfortunately, they ran into issues, already having an "active" subscription. My temporary solution was to manually expire their service on my end and then have them sign up for the new one, but this is obviously not ideal. 

I almost posted this as a "Feature Request," but figured it has to already exist, I must just be missing something. 

Any ideas?

Answer

Answer
Under review

Purchasing a different package is indeed possible when you have an active service. A Customer service ticket was resolved on the issue. There was apparently some miscommunication with the subscriber.

This seems like it should already be a function of subscriptions, but I am not sure. Interested to know this as well!

Answer
Under review

Purchasing a different package is indeed possible when you have an active service. A Customer service ticket was resolved on the issue. There was apparently some miscommunication with the subscriber.