Answered

How do I move or add banner ad space in the blox cms?

CVDaily 10 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 10 years ago 1
I want to add a banner that will remain static (not rotate with other banner ads) on the side rail. I can't see how to move existing ad spaces or create new ones. Help?

Answer

Answer
Answered
You can't really "move" ad regions since they are built into the page. This is actually intentional, to avoid an over-zealous City Editor from deleting on the ad spots he didn't like or something. =)

See a map of the available regions here:

http://docs.townnews.com/kbpublisher/Ad-Region-Map...

However, you can very easily ad more "positions" into an available ad region, even if it is already in use. This way, you can target a new ad just to that position, and if it is the only ad assigned to that position, it would not rotate with other ads.

To add another position, go to your Banner Ad application, and click on the settings panel (gear in upper right corner). You'll get the ad regions manager:

Edit the region where you would like to add another position, and change it to "2" or more.

Then, use the position targeting to assign your add to the new position in that region. Like so:

The ads rotate separate in the in-story1 versus the in-story2 ad positions. So, if only one ad were assigned to in-story2, it would not rotate.

I'll go ahead and mark this as answered, but let me know if this doesn't make sense! =)

Christine
Answer
Answered
You can't really "move" ad regions since they are built into the page. This is actually intentional, to avoid an over-zealous City Editor from deleting on the ad spots he didn't like or something. =)

See a map of the available regions here:

http://docs.townnews.com/kbpublisher/Ad-Region-Map...

However, you can very easily ad more "positions" into an available ad region, even if it is already in use. This way, you can target a new ad just to that position, and if it is the only ad assigned to that position, it would not rotate with other ads.

To add another position, go to your Banner Ad application, and click on the settings panel (gear in upper right corner). You'll get the ad regions manager:

Edit the region where you would like to add another position, and change it to "2" or more.

Then, use the position targeting to assign your add to the new position in that region. Like so:

The ads rotate separate in the in-story1 versus the in-story2 ad positions. So, if only one ad were assigned to in-story2, it would not rotate.

I'll go ahead and mark this as answered, but let me know if this doesn't make sense! =)

Christine