Answered

Social icons missing from user profiles

Kevin M. Cox 5 years ago in BLOX CMS updated 5 years ago 3

We just noticed that the usual social media icons (Twitter, Instagram, etc.) are missing from our staff's user profile pages.

e.g. https://www.galvnews.com/users/profile/johnferguson/

Did something change with BLOX to remove them or did I accidentally turn them off somewhere?

Answer

+1
Answer
Answered

Kevin, after looking a bit more, that is actually a bit of overreach on our move to reduce privacy data on users that is exposed. The intent was for this to remain for admin users. This change happened with Flex 3.145. I'm going to look into having it restored for admin users.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Kevin M. Cox 5 years ago
+1
Under review

Kevin, I checked around a few other sites and still see them elsewhere, so it's not a Blox thing. We did recently remove them from regular user dashboards to help reduce privacy issues, but they still exist for staff. Go ahead and submit a ticket to address this, I'll keep poking around to see what would disable it.

+1
Answer
Answered

Kevin, after looking a bit more, that is actually a bit of overreach on our move to reduce privacy data on users that is exposed. The intent was for this to remain for admin users. This change happened with Flex 3.145. I'm going to look into having it restored for admin users.

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the quick confirmation and help on this issue. We'll be looking forward to the restoration of these icons for our staff members.