+2

Publish changes

Henry M. Lopez 5 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Kevin M. Cox 5 years ago 3

I'd like to request that we add an additional button called Publish Changes. If I write a short story, that an editor looks at and puts online, I'd like go and add more to it and save it. I believe that would publish the change without an editor seeing it. I'd like to as a reporter save the change so my editor can see it, make edits and then committ the change with a Publish Changes function.

Would anyone else thing that'd be helpful?

You are correct in the current behavior. Once an asset is in a workflow that publishes it online, any later changes immediately go online.

I think the request would be helpful, but it would take a very clear UI to work properly. The current system with linear workflows make it very clear if something is online or not. I can already envision the calls of "why isn't my update online" with a changed system.

So don't get me wrong, it would be helpful, but it also makes me nervous.

I hear what you're saying. I hope you might then make this a site-enabled feature wherein we can opt-in. This really is one of those features that any modern CMS should have, especially in a collaborative environment. I'd really appreciate you giving this serious consideration.

+1

No need to convince me, sounds like a solid idea. Hopefully someone from Town News will chime in as to the feasibility.