+1

Email Reach: Limited Access

Kevin M. Cox 8 years ago in BLOX CMS 0

This doesn’t appear to be possible with the current BLOX setup, but I’d love it if there was a way to allow certain employees to send a breaking news email alert without giving them access to the entire Email Reach area of BLOX.

I like to operate on the principle of least privilege whenever possible. So while I’m not worried about an editor purposefully messing with our other email lists, preventing them from having the access means they can’t accidentally break something either. They also don’t need to be messing with the Contacts list or anything else, simply sending the email.

In our specific case with breaking news, we have a list setup and always trigger it using the Single Run function. To make things even simpler, it is always the exact same URL we enter every single time.

As such all we really need is a “Send Email” button that an authenticated editor could press to fire it off.

Like I said I don’t think anything like this is possible, since the only option for granting someone Email Reach privileges is Full Access. But I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts.

Thanks.