Under review

Just found out MyCapture photo reprint service is being discontinued...

Andrea 3 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Maureen Reinert 3 years ago 6

The last day is June 30.  What other photo reprint services integrate with Blox?  

If you use another service what do you like/not like about it? 

I am officially scrambling, as I did not receive an alert email that they said they sent on April 28. 

Thanks! 

Answer

+1
Answer

The service that TN partners with is Fotomoto. We've been using them for about a year now, and they seem to do a good job. We've had internal people order from them and they've been happy with the quality, and they fill the orders quickly. I've also had to contact Fotomoto support, and they've been quick respond to my questions/issues.

There are 3 different plans and which plan you pick determines the transaction fee that gets deducted from your sale

• Free plan  ($0/mo + 22% transaction fee)
  • Pro plan  ($10/mo + 12% transaction fee)
  • Pro Plus plan ($25/mo + 10% transaction fee)

We're on the free plan. You can see the descriptions of each plan at https://www.fotomoto.com/home/pricing

You pick which products you want to offer and what the price is for each.

Because TN has partnered with them, they can automatically be set up to automatically pick up the hi-res version of the photo when someone orders it. However you need to go through TN to do the initial set up to take advantage of this.

There's more information in the TN help https://help.bloxcms.com/knowledge-base/applications/editorial/assets/faq/blox-photo-sales-with-fotomoto-onboarding/article_92e2f4ec-7e39-11ea-9dc8-c31bf63b68ab.html

+1
Answer

The service that TN partners with is Fotomoto. We've been using them for about a year now, and they seem to do a good job. We've had internal people order from them and they've been happy with the quality, and they fill the orders quickly. I've also had to contact Fotomoto support, and they've been quick respond to my questions/issues.

There are 3 different plans and which plan you pick determines the transaction fee that gets deducted from your sale

• Free plan  ($0/mo + 22% transaction fee)
  • Pro plan  ($10/mo + 12% transaction fee)
  • Pro Plus plan ($25/mo + 10% transaction fee)

We're on the free plan. You can see the descriptions of each plan at https://www.fotomoto.com/home/pricing

You pick which products you want to offer and what the price is for each.

Because TN has partnered with them, they can automatically be set up to automatically pick up the hi-res version of the photo when someone orders it. However you need to go through TN to do the initial set up to take advantage of this.

There's more information in the TN help https://help.bloxcms.com/knowledge-base/applications/editorial/assets/faq/blox-photo-sales-with-fotomoto-onboarding/article_92e2f4ec-7e39-11ea-9dc8-c31bf63b68ab.html

Great! Thank you, Maureen! 

+1
Under review

Ditto what Maureen said! A few other notes:

- Fotomoto uses Bay Photo for photo prints - which was also used by MyCapture. So, the print quality will be identical. =)

- Bay Photo actually purchased Fotomoto a few years back.

- The integration is the same in that you'll choose whether the photo is available for purchase within BLOX and then it will get the BUY NOW button, then it just goes off to Fotomoto.

- The Fotomoto purchase workflow is actually done within an overlay so the end user doesn't have to leave your sight.

- Fotomoto focuses on prints and does not offer tshirts or coffee cups at this time.

Thanks!

What are some Blox websites that use Fotomoto? 

Also, it looks like once a customer purchases a photo, then no approval is needed. 

With MyCapture, I was able to approve/reject all purchases (because sometimes a copyrighted or submitted photo did not get the #nosale keyword). 

Is that an option with Fotomoto? 

Thanks! 

You can setup Fotomoto to allow photos to be automatically approved or you can set it up to require confirmation from you before the order proceeds. The only thing is that if someone orders a photo that they shouldn't have been allowed to, you will be charged the Fotomoto transaction fee even though you will be canceling the order and refunding the customer's money.