Answered

"OR" statement in block query rules

Kevin M. Cox 9 years ago in BLOX CMS updated 9 years ago 2
I’m wondering if it would be possible to create a block that uses an “or” statement in it’s query rules.

For example:

Section = galveston
or
Geolocation = galveston

I’d like to be able to see assets that have either one of those properties returned in the results.

Thanks.

Answer

Answer
Answered
Hi Kevin!

You can only do an "or" query within a specific rule. So, you can do section = news "or" sports, by creating one query rule with each of those items selected.

You can do an "and" query by selecting section = news AND (a separate rule) section = sports.

But, you can't currently do "or" queries for two different rule types.

We do have a feature request in for this already, but it is not currently roadmapped. It would require a large architectural change to implement. It could be something we look at more in the future, however.
Answer
Answered
Hi Kevin!

You can only do an "or" query within a specific rule. So, you can do section = news "or" sports, by creating one query rule with each of those items selected.

You can do an "and" query by selecting section = news AND (a separate rule) section = sports.

But, you can't currently do "or" queries for two different rule types.

We do have a feature request in for this already, but it is not currently roadmapped. It would require a large architectural change to implement. It could be something we look at more in the future, however.
That's what I assumed. Thanks for confirming and letting me know it is already on the request list.