Answered

Keywords In Blox TCMS

Jim Sacco 2 years ago in BLOX Total CMS updated by Joe Hansen (Product manager) 2 years ago 1

Having issues with reporters typing in keywords into BLOX TCMS. They can only use keywords already in and can't create their own. 
However, I can keyword whatever I want as an editor. Any ideas or help? Can i make a keyword list?
Thanks.

Answer

+1
Answer
Answered

Jim,

There is a user permission that controls who can create keywords. You can look at the group that reporters are in under the Users admin -> Settings panel. Open the group. If you look at permissions, you can add a new one under Editorial -> Assets -> Create Keyword Tags. They need to have that access in order to create new ones.

Otherwise they can only use pre-defined keywords (which can help control keyword spam and typos). The keywords list is maintained in Site Settings in the main blox menu. Then look for keywords. Reach out to our CS team if you need further help with this.

Thanks,

Joe Hansen

TownNews Senior Solutions Team Lead

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Jim Sacco 2 years ago
+1
Answer
Answered

Jim,

There is a user permission that controls who can create keywords. You can look at the group that reporters are in under the Users admin -> Settings panel. Open the group. If you look at permissions, you can add a new one under Editorial -> Assets -> Create Keyword Tags. They need to have that access in order to create new ones.

Otherwise they can only use pre-defined keywords (which can help control keyword spam and typos). The keywords list is maintained in Site Settings in the main blox menu. Then look for keywords. Reach out to our CS team if you need further help with this.

Thanks,

Joe Hansen

TownNews Senior Solutions Team Lead