Answered

White eEdition screen of non-enlightenment

Nic Stevens 2 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Diana Coop 2 years ago 8

Does anyone else have subscribers that are experiencing issues with the eEdition where they go into it and they just get a white screen? We've got about 15 now. Tried different browsers tried resetting passwords. Development is looking at it but I didn't know if it was just us. 

Answer

Answer

Skye, your ticket had to do with a customization you had for a page title text macro that was bleeding thru to some javascript functions. We've made the change to fix this for your site.

Thanks,

Joe Hansen

TownNews Senior Solutions Team Lead

I have Ticket 906990 open for e-Edition issues that started yesterday afternoon.

EDIT: Our problem site is in the New York data center. So far our sites in Chicago are unaffected.

Answered

We had a few different issues associated with this release and some edge cases, so we're working on rolling it back for now.

Our ticket has been open since 3/23. I want to make sure you are aware it's not just this latest update that caused the issue it's like two updates ago. Ticket number is 906105. Our site is New York as well.

We've been troubleshooting with Wenzel.

You're right, Nic. The issue you're referencing (903309) was not caused by the release Christine referenced above. Matt and Ashley are continuing to work with our template devs and will keep you updated on any progress. 

Nick,

Checking in on that ticket now and will be back in touch. 

Sinead

908232 is our ticket number regarding this same issue. Has there been any update? We are on the Chicago server.

Answer

Skye, your ticket had to do with a customization you had for a page title text macro that was bleeding thru to some javascript functions. We've made the change to fix this for your site.

Thanks,

Joe Hansen

TownNews Senior Solutions Team Lead

Did anyone get any insight into this issue? I just got a call today from a subscriber using Microsoft Edge with just a white screen and the orange menu bar in the eedition.