+2

AdOwl - Manual Approval Email Customization

Aric Loomis 2 years ago in BLOX CMS 0

I know every who is manually approving these AdOwl orders has experienced clients requesting receipts because the Approval email is lacking vital information.

This is what our client receives in the Approval email:

————————————

"Subject: Your ad order #7 has been approved

Your ad order #7 has been approved.

The ad will start on Jun 8, 2022, 12:00 AM.”

————————————

Do we see a problem here?

I submitted a ticket to TNews and was told to copy/paste or write into the popup all the information that I needed. This is not conducive for a business to manually copy/paste or write transaction information for every single order "for something that should be already there.”

Some clients cannot submit this to Accounts Receivable the way it is currently written and there is no way to generate a true receipt for them. I currently have to pull up their order and print it as a PDF and email it to them stating that this is all I can produce, all because the Approval email lacks the vital information needed.

I replied back to TNews to gain access to the email template for editing or have them edit the current email to look more professional. I learned that we were not the only ones that have requested this feature and to submit a request ticket since they were unable to give me access to the template or make the changes required.

Below is a sample of what the default Approval email should look like.

—————— sample ——————

Hello (First Last Name shortcode),

Your ad order ID (ID# shortcode) for the amount of ($ amount shortcode) has been approved and will start on (order start date shortcode) and will end (order end date shortcode).

Please keep this email receipt for your records

Thank you,

(Business Name Shortcode)

(Contact Number Shortcode)

————————————————

As you can see the above format covers:

• Client/Business Name
  • Order #
  • Cost
  • Run Start Date
  • Closing statement
  • Business Name (Branding shortcodes)

I truly believe all your clients would love it as well because it covers all the vital information needed for a receipt and cuts down on the wasted labor hours making a custom approval email.

Note: Upon writing this I found a similar post dating back 5 years and I was flabbergasted to learn that it was still under review.