+1
Under review

Better control over length of asset preview/lead

Nick 9 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Andrew McBride 9 years ago 2
It would be nice to be able to set a number of characters for asset previews before getting the "More..." link. For instance we had a story today that's lead was "Knock it down." I see where I can limit the number of characters in the lead but not past the lead.

I realize the reporters/editors could be adding an online lead in the summary tab, but sometimes I feel like it's a good day if everything has the proper section tag and start date/time. Asking them to add this to their workflow will most likely be met with hostility. And I also realize I could go in and add my own lead to the offending assets, but so much in BLOX flows with such fluidity and ease...So why can't this?

If there's another way to do this please let me know.
Under review
Yeah, the "summary" tab was meant as a way to provide a lede that is more suited to previews and external pages if the real story's lede is too "creative." :) But I see what you're saying - these days you want as much streamlining as possible.

We have thought about different ways to do this... but there are potential performance issues if we were to load the entire article and then truncate it, versus the lede. (Does that make sense?) But I will talk to a few people and see if there are any other ideas...

I find I could use this quite frequently!