+1
Under review

Hard returns in assets

Craig V 9 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Nick 8 years ago 5
Why are hard returns turned into paragraphs when an asset is saved. Is there a way around this? Even if I add <br /> in html view it is still converted to a <p></p>
I think that's a TinyMCE thing (the editor Blox and other CMSes use). Have you tried using Ctrl + Enter?
Yeah, Ctrl + Enter didn't work. Shift + Enter works but once the asset is saved it changes it to a paragraph tag.
I know this is an old question, but I've got the same issue. Ideally if someone wants to edit the HTML the editor shouldn't force a new paragraph.
+2
Under review
We did look into this, and it was a browser compatibility thing. In order to get consistent results across browsers, we had to implement this behavior.

However, it has been a few years, and some old browsers have dropped off, so it could be time to re-examine this. We'll make a feature request for a upcoming version so our developers can investigate our options now. :)
+1

Have there been any updates with this? I still find myself wanting to hit shift+enter to hard return one line rather than hitting enter and getting a double spaced line. Single spaced lines just look better for things like addresses. For instance this looks better...

White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20500

than this...

White House

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW

Washington, DC 20500

Double spaced lines look great for normal copy but there are times it doesn't look good. And it's a hassle to go into the HTML and set up a div if I could just hit shift+enter.