Under review

AAM Tracking Reports

Kevin M. Cox 9 years ago in BLOX CMS updated 9 years ago 4
Our Circulation Director is excited about the new AAM reporting feature. I'm wondering if it would be possible to have a feature that would automatically email the reports instead of placing them on the FTP server?
Under review
Hi Kevin,

These daily logs are not necessarily something that would be useful to read via email. They are the raw logs that AAM will use to confirm the circulation numbers that you report to them. Most users will arrange for these files to be automatically off loaded to their own servers so that they will be available when AAM requests them at audit time.

If you don't have FTP access to this folder please call our Customer Services staff (800-293-9576) and they will be happy to get an FTP account set up for you.
Rich, my thinking is that the email would be the automatic offloading. Instead of our circulation staff having to log into the FTP and download the files, they could simply save them out of their email.

It makes it harder to forget to retrieve the files when they just show up in your inbox for example.
Kevin,

Most FTP clients have scheduling for automating file transfers so you will not have to manually do this. There are an abundance of low cost FTP Clients available that make it easy automate file transfer between FTP and desktop or FTP to FTP. I am sure if you ask the folks in your IT department they will be able to set you up.
Rich, I am the IT department and while I agree this is a simple task for me, it is not for the employees in our Circulation department.

The email just seemed like a simple user-friendly option that could benefit all papers, especially smaller ones like we have in our chain, that don't have IT on staff locally.