+1
Answered

Single spacing instead of double spacing

Nick 9 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 8 years ago 8
In the article asset creation window, is there a way to force a single space instead of a double space between paragraphs? I understand when it's actually paragraphs you need double spaces but it just looks bad when you want to things like addresses and they have double spaces between each line. I've even tried editing the html but it keeps forcing double spaces.

Answer

+1
Answer
I also had this problem when we ran a poetry content on our site. You need to switch to editing the HTML and remove the <p> tags and replace with <div> tags.

Hope this helps
+1
Have you tried shift-enter?
In my experience, Blox replaces these soft returns with hard ones when it renders the text.
I already tried that. It looks like it will work but when I save the system forces a double space.
+1
Answer
I also had this problem when we ran a poetry content on our site. You need to switch to editing the HTML and remove the <p> tags and replace with <div> tags.

Hope this helps
+1

This has come up again. For typical news articles double spacing looks beautiful. But there are some times when double spacing doesn't look good. For instance I'm trying to create a list of our local representatives and there's TONS of white space(see screenshot below).

My only other options would be to create an html asset or a static page. I'd much rather just create an asset because I'd have more control over it.

+1

Have you tried editing the html and place a <br> tag where you want a line break?

<p>Paragraph first line goes here<br>Second line goes here.</p>

+1
Answered

As Mary said, you should be able to create a <div> in HTML mode and add <br /> tags, and that won't be replaced. As long as they are inside a block level element.

Here is an example: https://www.flex-showcase.bloxcms.com/news/national/a-life-sentence-in-oklahoma-state-homecoming-crash/article_3098b50d-d506-5a9e-8697-3fe5afefbca5.html?gg

That being said, we are looking at ways to improve this in the future... but it requires a major update of our editor which may be tricky. We are looking into it though.

As a side note, make sure you're doing <br /> - it will try to replace them to become <br /> and it could be doing something weird with your code I suppose.