Answered

Ad at the bottom of page

Nick 9 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 9 years ago 3

Is there an ad region like the Halloween ad at the bottom of this site?

http://www.nptelegraph.com/

If it doesn't load hopefully this screenshot will explain the location of the ad.

Image 98

It stays at the bottom of the page as the user scrolls. I've never seen this ad region so I suspect it is a custom template. But it would be nice to have it as a standard BLOX region.

Answer

Answer
Answered

On our Flex templates we do have this as a built-in "block" ad type - we call it an anchor ad.

For Zen, we don't have anything built-in, but if you put in a Customer Support ticket, we have some example code that can help you with this. You'd have to do one size for desktop, and another for Touch 5.

And thanks Mike for your help! =)

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED

Thanks! I'm not sure if the Zen ad regions are ever updated anymore but if they are it'd be great to have a new region for a floating bottom ad. I know I could hardcode some html to display the ad but it'd be easier to create it in the Marketplace banner ads and also be able to track the clickthrus in BLOX.

Satisfaction mark by Nick 9 years ago

Nick,

Not sure if you're on Zen or Flex but on our flex site in the global-container-bottom-fullscreen region we have two ads defined one for small and one for extra small... if you open messenger-inquirer.com on a device with a screen width less than 600px or so (or a window) then you should see it. (not if you're trying to look at in in a window size the window first and then load the page.)

Answer
Answered

On our Flex templates we do have this as a built-in "block" ad type - we call it an anchor ad.

For Zen, we don't have anything built-in, but if you put in a Customer Support ticket, we have some example code that can help you with this. You'd have to do one size for desktop, and another for Touch 5.

And thanks Mike for your help! =)

Hey Nick,

We have discussed this (adding a new ad type for anchor ads), but it is not on our near-term road map. We have some big changes for Ad Manager coming soon that will be worked on first!