Answered

exclude dates on calendar items

Mike Stickler 10 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 10 years ago 2
when doing schedules for events I would love to be able to set dates to exclude...

For example "Wee Read" at the library is set for every Monday and Thursday at 10 am until the end of time. Except the library is closed for Thanksgiving. So now I have modify the schedule and set an end date prior to 11/27 and then add another schedule starting after Thanksgiving and extending until the end of time.

I would love to be able to just enter an excluded date of 11/27 and have item not scheduled for that day.

Answer

+1
PINNED
Under review
Hi Mike!

We have something like this! If you open up each schedule, we have the ability to click on one of the times and hit "exclude." This will then remove that instance from the occurrences of this event.

So that means when you see an 'unrolled' list of event occurrences, or if you search by occurrence, that day will not show up. Also, on the event page, it will not show up when you see the list of dates and times on the left side.

One thing that is unaffected, however, is the schedule description. Like, where it says at the top, "Repeats every day, running all day." or whatever.

Hope this helps! Happy Thanksgiving!

Christine

+1
PINNED
Under review
Hi Mike!

We have something like this! If you open up each schedule, we have the ability to click on one of the times and hit "exclude." This will then remove that instance from the occurrences of this event.

So that means when you see an 'unrolled' list of event occurrences, or if you search by occurrence, that day will not show up. Also, on the event page, it will not show up when you see the list of dates and times on the left side.

One thing that is unaffected, however, is the schedule description. Like, where it says at the top, "Repeats every day, running all day." or whatever.

Hope this helps! Happy Thanksgiving!

Christine