+6
Under review

Scheduling Broadcast

Gillan Ludlow 9 years ago in BLOX Total CMS updated by Aidian 6 years ago 5
Hi all,

Is there a way to schedule postings to Facebook and Twitter? Right now, our editor posts all stories back-to-back online, which results in sending out 4 or 5 tweets immediately. We don't want to turn off the automatic posting.

But the only solution I could come up with was scheduling the stories to go off at different times so postings to Facebook and Twitter would be evenly spaced.

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
I think this is a good thought. Maybe an option to:

1. Delay social broadcasting/posting by X minutes.
2. Queue social broadcasts and don't push more than X every X minutes.
3. Queue social broadcasts and only push them between the hours of X and X.

Something along those lines could be helpful for publications that post things online in batches and want to spread the information out over time on social media.
+1
Under review
There's not a way other than start time of the article (as you already mentioned). I'll move this to our feature request area and add it as a feature request in our system.
+2

Haha, I just came to post this feature request after the webinar yesterday and see I basically wrote the same thing a few months ago.

But since I already typed it...

A feature request based off yesterday’s webinar.

It would be great if the Social Broadcast tools could have some scheduling based fine tuning. A few off the cuff ideas:

• Time between broadcasts: e.g. Don’t push broadcasts faster than every X minutes. Queue up additional broadcasts for assets with similar start times and then push them every X minutes to social. (The stories will be live on the site, but social won’t get broadcast right away.)

• Social Broadcast blackout windows: e.g. Don’t push broadcasts between the hours of 12:00 AM and 6:00 AM. Any assets that go live on the site during this blackout window would be queued up and then sent starting at 6 AM.

Let me know what y’all think.

+3

I just now saw this but it's exactly what we need. All of our local stories go online at the same time every day, with the exception of breaking news. So it doesn't make sense to publish ALL of our stories to social media at the same time each day. It would be awesome to have an area to schedule social media posts.

As the feature is now, I can't see us ever using it. If we had more control about scheduling it we could use it every day.

+1

Any movement on this or any chance of something soon?  We're likely to have to set up a third part service specifically to do this, and I'm both lazy and cheap, so I'd rather not.