Answered

Calendar timestamps include every minute of every hour?

Lindy 9 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 9 years ago 1

Is there a reason for having the timestamp dropdown use EVERY minute of the day when scheduling calendar entries? This is apparent on the front and back end of Blox.

I can't think of an instance that I've ever seen a public event that had any other timestamps than on the hour, 1/2 hour, (or quarter hour.) It's a drag having to scroll up or down through all those minutes to set your event times.

Or am I just off-base here?

Answer

Answer
Answered

When we first designed the BLOX Calendar app, we looked at existing events in our old system to see the start times and we did find a number that had non-quarterly starts. We would prefer to do quarter-hours (00, 15, 30, 45) but sometimes the Calendar is used for things like movie times, and those could start at 8:32 am, and so forth.

I will say though that, in the BLOX admin, you can very easily type in the time and it will work! It's really nice actually...

So try creating a new event, adding a daily schedulee, and then typing things that make sense into the various fields. Such as, for the date, just type:

Mar 1, 2016

3/16/16

And it will "translate" it for you to the correct date. You don't have to use the little calendar popup UI.

In addition, you can type into the time fields 4 pm or 4:35 pm and it will "translate" it to 04:35 PM for you - you don't have to use the drop down!

Let us know if this helps! Thanks! =)

Answer
Answered

When we first designed the BLOX Calendar app, we looked at existing events in our old system to see the start times and we did find a number that had non-quarterly starts. We would prefer to do quarter-hours (00, 15, 30, 45) but sometimes the Calendar is used for things like movie times, and those could start at 8:32 am, and so forth.

I will say though that, in the BLOX admin, you can very easily type in the time and it will work! It's really nice actually...

So try creating a new event, adding a daily schedulee, and then typing things that make sense into the various fields. Such as, for the date, just type:

Mar 1, 2016

3/16/16

And it will "translate" it for you to the correct date. You don't have to use the little calendar popup UI.

In addition, you can type into the time fields 4 pm or 4:35 pm and it will "translate" it to 04:35 PM for you - you don't have to use the drop down!

Let us know if this helps! Thanks! =)