Answered

Confused about mobile ad positions

Patrick Brannan 10 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 10 years ago 2
I'm confused about how to make the mobile ad positions work correctly. We are selling a mobile banner 300x50 position for the footer ad. It is to be on the homepage of devices and also on article devices. It seems as if you have to load the ad two different times once for the homepage and once for the the article pages, at least if you then want to adjust percentages on each position.

Does anyone else have this issue? How are you running ads in the mobile positions?
Under review
Hi Patrick,

Click here for a doc that details how to target banner ads in Touch 5 Mobile. It covers the most common targeting scenarios.

If that doc doesn't do the trick for you, our customer service team will be happy to help you out! You can reach them at 800-293-9576.

Warm regards,

Aaron Gillette
TownNews.com
Director of Marketing
Answered
Hi Patrick!

This is because we have a responsive design on the article pages, but not the section pages. So article pages need to be targeted to the article section, whereas sections need to be targeted to the mobile section.

This way, the URLs for the stories are the same whether or not they are desktop or mobile, which causes some confusion, but is very important.

Let me know if Aaron's link, or my explanation, does not help. Thanks!

Christine