Answered

Marketplace listing preview before making it live

Nick 9 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 9 years ago 3
Is there a way for advertisers to proof a Marketplace listing before we make it live? I've been told by someone who used to work at a paper with BLOX that their advertisers were able to proof the listings. Thanks!

Answer

Answer
Answered
Hi Nick!

There isn't a way to preview it before making it "live." However, you can set it up and then have the advertiser preview it before you promote it on the front page or elsewhere. That way, they can see it before it gets a lot of traffic... but technically it is still live and able to be found in search.
GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Nick 9 years ago
Answer
Answered
Hi Nick!

There isn't a way to preview it before making it "live." However, you can set it up and then have the advertiser preview it before you promote it on the front page or elsewhere. That way, they can see it before it gets a lot of traffic... but technically it is still live and able to be found in search.
That sounds like it would work. Am I correct in assuming you just remove the categories? And how do you make it not show up in the "power listing" block but still show all the extra content available to powered listings? Thanks!
Well, if you remove the categories it won't be found when users browse those category listings... but it could still be found in a keyword search. Personally, I would just make sure you don't see it on the promotional blocks and not worry about categories... but removing the categories would take it a step further.

Making sure it doesn't show up in the Power Listing block depends on the query rules being used to pull items into that block. You just have to make sure that it doesn't match those query rules.

It could be that the query rules are too general (like, show all businesses with feature priority of 25 and above), so you could add additional rules to the block. Like, just as an example, all businesses also must have a keyword of #live. (The # in front of the keyword means it will not display in most places in the front end, but can still be used for queries).

That way, all businesses that are in the block will be approved with a keyword of #live. Those that are not yet done may have all the same properties, but with the #live keyword they will not show up in promotional blocks.