+3

Add a "Sites" columns in TCMS

Nick 8 years ago in BLOX Total CMS updated by Kevin M. Cox 8 years ago 2

I was manually sending AP assets to the web and found myself having to open them all to make sure they hadn't already been given a site tag. We do this every day and it finally occurred to me what would make it a much simpler process.

It would be nice to have a separate column for the presence of a site tag just like we have a "Sections" columns for section tags. Even a little box like this...

Image 129

+1

Has there been any further interest in this? Looking back at our assets through the past couple of years I'm seeing lots of them weren't given site tags and they never hit the web. I'd like to be able to see which ones have and haven't gone online.

We have a workflow that adds the section tag but I've found instances where they were given site tags manually but not promoted. So it makes it a nightmare to track down all of these.

I foresee a problem in the future if we ever were to switch our CMS from TownNews with stories not being transferred because they never made it from TCMS to BLOX(web). Since all of our archive is on the web I would think it would pull everything from that rather than TCMS causing those no-site-tag assets to be left behind.

It would help us because we are feeding two different sites from TotalCMS. It would be nice to easily see which, if any, an asset has the site tag for.