Completed

We need a way to HIDE live forms on the forms page

Nick 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Rich Griffin | Product Manager (Product Manager) 8 years ago 2

I can't tell you how many times I've designed a form that I want live but hidden on the "Site Forms' page. Not every form needs to be listed there. We can send links to the people who we actually want to fill out the forms. It would also enable us to test forms without the general public knowing they exist. And you may think "Nobody will ever go to the site forms page and see this form" but people always seem to find the areas of our site we never expect them to find.

As the form manager is now we have the option to "Disable." I would like to see an option "Hide" which would just hide the form's existence from the "Site Forms" page.

Answer

Answer
Completed

Hi Nick,

There is a way to make this happen currently.

1. Go to the block editor for /site/forms
    1. Open the form index block and and in the appearance tab content fieldset add "/site/forms" the the base url setting. This setting limits the links displayed to only those that are assigned to that base url.
  2. Create a url in the url map that can be used to assign forms to that you don't want displayed and assign the forms skin to it. Instructions for setting up a url and assigning a skin to can be found here LINK
      1. open up the form you want not to display and assign it to that url in the properties>General tab>url setting. You can see how to assign a form to the url you created here

The forms assigned to the second url will not display in the form listing on the site forms page and you will be able to provide a link directly to any of the forms there as well.

Best Regards,

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Nick 8 years ago
Answer
Completed

Hi Nick,

There is a way to make this happen currently.

1. Go to the block editor for /site/forms
    1. Open the form index block and and in the appearance tab content fieldset add "/site/forms" the the base url setting. This setting limits the links displayed to only those that are assigned to that base url.
  2. Create a url in the url map that can be used to assign forms to that you don't want displayed and assign the forms skin to it. Instructions for setting up a url and assigning a skin to can be found here LINK
      1. open up the form you want not to display and assign it to that url in the properties>General tab>url setting. You can see how to assign a form to the url you created here

The forms assigned to the second url will not display in the form listing on the site forms page and you will be able to provide a link directly to any of the forms there as well.

Best Regards,

I added some links in my description to some docs that we have on http://help.bloxcms.com . Please feel free to give our customer support folks a call if you need further assistance and they will be able to help you get that set up.