+1
Under review

How can I fix "Reader View" on FLEX?

Nick 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Robert Dundon 7 years ago 4

Safari and Apple's mobile devices have what's known as "Reader View." It's a nice, clean way to read articles online. We just launched our FLEX site and I see I can use Reader View but when I try it only shows the headline, in-story ads and tagline. I've checked other FLEX sites and they seem to work fine.

What could be preventing it from working on my site?

+2

Our site appears to have the same problem as yours. I think this is related the fact that, like us, you have a registration wall set up. I think when the Safari reader hits the restricted access content, it isn't allowing that content to be displayed. I say this because our obituaries are not behind the registration/google survey wall and the text of those come up in reader mode. The image isn't there, but the text is.

I think you're right, Maureen about the paywall creating a conflict. I tested it on our site and it was the same. Paid articles didn't display in the reader mode but free articles did. I find it strange that Safari will load a page but the paywall prevents it from rendering the reader mode. TownNews is there anything that can be done about this?

+2
Under review

Thanks Nick for bringing this to our attention!

I will be creating a bug ticket so that our Development team can look into the issue.

+1

Thanks Rich!

Any update on this? Someone at my employer pointed out this issue a few days ago.