Answered

Is BLOX set up to handle monthly recurring PRINT subscriptions?

Nick 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Rich Griffin | Product Manager (Product Manager) 8 years ago 1

Our current circulation software can't do monthly recurring transactions. No clue why not. I don't deal with that software. So they've come to me to see if BLOX can handle recurring transactions.

Is it as simple as creating an online subscription service with no URL access? I've looked at our forms manager where people can purchase print subscriptions initially but I didn't see anything to have it auto-renew.

Answered

Hi Nick,

Yes, you could create a service that does not give the user access to any content on the site and allow it to be purchased. Since there is no official support for the concept of Print only access to the website, you might run into some odd things depending on how and where the print only service options are displayed and how your settings are set up to display them.

You will need to play around with the ordering of the services and settings(in the appropriate url and block settings) to make sure the print only services do not display where you don't want them and order them so that when you get to the purchase page the print only services are segregated from the services that grant online access.

If you have any specific questions about settings for this Customer Service will be happy to assist.