+1
Planned

Add the ability to search for/locate an asset by UUID in CMS

tucson news 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 8 years ago 2

1) What problem(s) does this idea solve?

When you already have the URL of a live story, looking up the asset in CMS to edit it by its title is slow and cumbersome. The UUID is already part of the URL but it currently isn't possible to find assets by UUID to edit them on the CMS side of things.

2) Why do you need this idea implemented? Provide as many problems or use cases as possible.

To streamline asset lookups in CMS.

If the external ID were available in View Source in Flex, that feature could also be handy for asset lookups in Total CMS.

3) How often would you use this feature?

All the time.

4) How many people in your organization would use this feature?

The 10-12 folks who are comfortable with URL manipulation.

Answer

Answer
Planned

I have a feature request in for an "advanced search" in editorial, to be able to give you more user-friendly search options that are easily discoverable through the UI. I think that will help resolve this ticket.

As Robert mentioned, for now you can type uuid:<uuid> in the search box. For example:

uuid: be7cb1b9-ecfd-55c1-8e97-d09a252a4a7b

And that works. But, as we see here, that's tough to figure out with no external help. :) Thanks!

+1

You already can search by UUID. Just search "uuid:< uuid here>" in the search box

Answer
Planned

I have a feature request in for an "advanced search" in editorial, to be able to give you more user-friendly search options that are easily discoverable through the UI. I think that will help resolve this ticket.

As Robert mentioned, for now you can type uuid:<uuid> in the search box. For example:

uuid: be7cb1b9-ecfd-55c1-8e97-d09a252a4a7b

And that works. But, as we see here, that's tough to figure out with no external help. :) Thanks!