+7
Completed

Desktop notifications?

Kyle Whitfield 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 3 years ago 10

Is TN familiar w/ the ability, through Google Chrome, to send a reader notifications if they opt-in? Been seeing this a little more frequently among news sites. Just curious.

Answer

Under review

For the purpose of notification of breaking news? Can you send me a site you're looking at? Thanks!

Chron.com is doing them.

+1

Browser notifications would be awesome.

Hi, just checking in to see if there is an update this request. Does Town News offer the ability to do push notifications via desktop and/or mobile?

Safari can do this as well. Here is a sample page: http://www.macrumors.com/push/

+1

So we use ROOST and it works well and it is very cheap.

It would be fan-freaking-tastic if ROOST worked with the broadcast tool because its hard to remember to go out there. That being said, it would also be awesomely cool if we could slot a story for a breaking news mail from the broadcast panel too. One-stop shopping...

+1

Triggering a Breaking News email blast from the broadcast panel of the asset would be amazing.

The only condition I can think of would be that the email system would have to know the asset has actually reached the breaking news page. So there would have to be a certain delay.

I always check the breaking news page to make sure the asset has hit the page. If you're like me you want to see what you're going to send to thousands of people before it's sent. So while it would be handy to be able to just hit a checkbox and save, I think from time to time it would lead to emails being sent without the important content on it.

Good point, but it seems like that could be programmed. Simply check to see if the content block contains a result or not, a simply yes/no.