Under review

Can someone describe the Zen custom property article_rail?

Nick 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 8 years ago 1

I'm trying to do a minor site redesign for one of our Zen sites(since we can't switch to FLEX yet). And I'd like to see how it looks to drop the right rail from the article pages. There's a custom property article_rail. I've set it to false but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there something I need to do to make this work?

Answer

Answer
Under review

Hi Nick!

This property adds a region that will be inside the story on article pages. Unfortunately, this was before we had Utility Regions, so in order to get to it in the block editor, you have to go to the index page and then you'll see a box that says something like, "This region will only appear on article pages." If you place blocks there, they will NOT show on the index page, but will show in the article.

Honestly, this was very confusing to customers, so we moved to Utility Regions on Flex. But, you can still employ it on Zen if needed.

Answer
Under review

Hi Nick!

This property adds a region that will be inside the story on article pages. Unfortunately, this was before we had Utility Regions, so in order to get to it in the block editor, you have to go to the index page and then you'll see a box that says something like, "This region will only appear on article pages." If you place blocks there, they will NOT show on the index page, but will show in the article.

Honestly, this was very confusing to customers, so we moved to Utility Regions on Flex. But, you can still employ it on Zen if needed.