+2

Fixed "donation" bar at bottom of page

Rob Weir 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Michael Becker 8 years ago 1

My boss is interested in having a bar (dismissable) at the bottom of our pages, similar to what The Guardian does, that would ask for donations to our endowment. You can take a look at their logic by going to https://www.theguardian.com/us or in the screenshot that I'm adding below -- the aqua-colored bar goes to a donation page. I would assume other papers could use this for subscriptions as well as donations. Just wondering if there's existing logic that could be used to create this, or if it's something that would have to be built separately.

Image 196

Seems a bit specific to be included as a TN template. I can't imagine the various custom properties that would need to be sorted out to make something like this universally applicable to multiple sites.

You should probably build this yourself in a regular block template or one of the HTML templates and use CSS to position it at the bottom of the page as you'd like. Using jQuery Cookie, which Blox already has available, you could make sure that once dismissed, it didn't come back to annoy your readers for a set period of time.