Anyone using one online store to both sell photos/stories from a page, and also merchandise?

Rob Weir 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Andrea 7 years ago 3

Hi there -- we're looking to expand what we can offer to sell on our site, to include not just stories and photos but also other branded merchandise. Our sales contact, Carol, suggested SecondStreet for us and they would definitely fit the bill for photo and story reprint sales, but they indicated they're not doing much on the "other merchandise" front right now.

We could use something like Shopify for an online store, but we'd prefer to keep our number of payment processors kind of low if we can. (Among other things, we're in a university environment where we have to get full review from multiple departments with payment modules.)

Thanks in advance!

Rob, we've toyed around with this a little. But in our case it was for products already on hand, it didn't involve any of the on-demand companies like CafePress.

While I'm sure the ability to do so through Town News would generated some excitment here, I'm personally not sure how big the market for stuff with our logo on it would actually be.

I'm not really asking to do it through TownNews, just wondering if there's a one-stop solution that anyone's tried. Thanks though for the thoughts!

Hi, Rob, 

I did not catch this when you first posted it, but found it while I was searching for something else. 

Anyhow, we (kind of) do merchandising through SecondStreet. We have a "Scenes of the Tri-State" gift gallery at http://herald-dispatch.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=808758&CategoryID=82825 

If you click on an image and then the products tab, you can see we sell mouse pads, coffee mugs, coasters and more. We don't get many orders, but we do get a few. 

(I would steer clear of the T-shirts with them, though. The test product we ordered was not good.) 

Anyhow, I don't know if that is what you were looking for or not, but I thought I would throw it out there. 

Take care!

Andrea