+1
Completed

Flex Feature Request: Restore Staff indicator on comments from Zen

Kevin M. Cox 8 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 7 years ago 7

Ticket # 617487 is already open on this request from our Zen to Flex transition, but posting here in addition per normal feature request protocol.

In Zen, when a staff/admin user leaves a comment on an article, it is indicated as such with a little flag as seen here.

Image 223

Apparently this functionality wasn't carried over to the Flex templates and we would like to see it brought back. Right now there is nothing other than name recognition to help identify that one of our staff members is participating in a discussion with readers.

Image 224

Having this identifier goes a long way to establishing that a response could be considered official or is coming from something with authority at the newspapers.

What do y'all think?

Answer

+1
Answer
Planned

Hi Kevin!

This should be very easy to add. Just to make sure - is "Staff" the right verbiage? Maybe, "admin"? It would have to be the same always, though.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Kevin M. Cox 7 years ago
+1
Answer
Planned

Hi Kevin!

This should be very easy to add. Just to make sure - is "Staff" the right verbiage? Maybe, "admin"? It would have to be the same always, though.

I think "Staff" is the way to go. It conveys that someone is a company employee very clearly.

I think "Admin" could much more easily be interpreted that someone was in a position of authority, which in the case of reporters where I see this little flag being most applicable, they are not.

+1

Sounds good, we should be able to add this pretty quickly. Thanks!

+1

I have added this as a feature request.

Looks like this got added, thanks!

+1
Completed

Yeah! Thanks for reminding me I can close this. ;)