Answered

Email Newsletter Advertising Sizes (FLEX)

Kevin M. Cox 7 years ago in BLOX CMS updated 7 years ago 4

Would anyone be willing to share what ad size(s) you are using for for your email newsletters?

Under the Zen templates we used the two-column layout with "Wide Skyscrapper" (160x600) ads and they worked well. However replicating that under Flex with responsive sizing just looks awful.

As seen here: http://www.galvnews.com/newsletters/headlines/

We'd like to switch back to what was the Town News Flex default one-column layout for our newsletters, but now we're not sure on the optimal size to use for the ads.

Any links, thoughts or details appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Answer

+1
Answer
Answered

Our newsletters are 580px wide, which is the generally agreed consensus, so 580x72 as Nick mentioned is a good size for local ads that can just be resized or redesigned at that size.

We also see a lot of "full banner" ads, which is the IAB standard size: 468x60.

Also, remember that mobile accounts for more than 50% of email browsing. So having a 300x250 between rows of content works well there.

(I'm going to mark this as answered so it is easier for me to keep track - but if other people see this and want to share their email newsletter ad ideas, please please share!)

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Kevin M. Cox 7 years ago
+1

We use 580x72 ads and have one-column email newsletters. I can't remember why we went with that layout, but it probably had to do with skyscraper ads not being used as frequently as they once were.

You can see one of ours here: http://goldenisles.news/newsletters/headlines/

Thanks Nick. Took me a second to realize that 580x72 is the same ratio as the 728x90 of leaderboards we are already running, makes perfect sense!

+1
Answer
Answered

Our newsletters are 580px wide, which is the generally agreed consensus, so 580x72 as Nick mentioned is a good size for local ads that can just be resized or redesigned at that size.

We also see a lot of "full banner" ads, which is the IAB standard size: 468x60.

Also, remember that mobile accounts for more than 50% of email browsing. So having a 300x250 between rows of content works well there.

(I'm going to mark this as answered so it is easier for me to keep track - but if other people see this and want to share their email newsletter ad ideas, please please share!)