+2
Under review

I'd like the ability to see Taboola/Outbrain revenue

Nick 7 years ago in BLOX CMS updated 7 years ago 2

To my knowledge there isn't a way in BLOX to see the revenue made from clickbai...I mean Taboola/Outbrain ads. I think they look unsightly on our website and I'd like to get rid of them, but if they're performing well I can't justify getting rid of them.

I don't receive our bills from TownNews so I never see how much we get per month. Is there a way that certain admin can view the performance of Taboola/Outbrain ads?

Answer

Answer
Under review

Hi Nick!

If you put in a CRM ticket, our accounting staff can look up that information for you. I did look up one of your recent months, and I'll just say that this program is paying about 65% of your BLOX hosted fees for all of your umbrella sites! So you're doing quite well! (Sorry!)

I would also mention in the ticket that may want to experiment with tweaks to the formula or the design to be more in line with something you're comfortable with. You may be able to tweak the logic slightly to optimize less on revenue (you may make a little less money, but have better ads) before just removing them entirely.

Answer
Under review

Hi Nick!

If you put in a CRM ticket, our accounting staff can look up that information for you. I did look up one of your recent months, and I'll just say that this program is paying about 65% of your BLOX hosted fees for all of your umbrella sites! So you're doing quite well! (Sorry!)

I would also mention in the ticket that may want to experiment with tweaks to the formula or the design to be more in line with something you're comfortable with. You may be able to tweak the logic slightly to optimize less on revenue (you may make a little less money, but have better ads) before just removing them entirely.

So you're doing quite well! (Sorry!)

Hahahahaha! Oh well. Like I said, I'm fine with leaving it up if it's making money.