Completed

REST API to return section assets as JSON

Chris Ladd 7 years ago in BLOX CMS updated 7 years ago 5

Is there any plans on implementing a REST API to return assets as JSON?

It would be really useful for integration with our home-grown systems (Mobile apps, internal APIs, etc) to be able to get a list of all the assets in a section as JSON, then query as asset for all it's data, child assets, etc in a JSON format.

The only way I can see to get data out of the BLOX CMS is via the RSS/ATOM feeds functionality, which is lacking much of the assets data and is no where near as easy to work with as JSON.

Answer

Answer
Completed

There is a new webservices API available after our next update, which should be out tomorrow. Docs are available by going to your domain and adding /tncms/webservice. (Again, you'll see the new CRUD API after 1.35 is released).

Answer
Completed

There is a new webservices API available after our next update, which should be out tomorrow. Docs are available by going to your domain and adding /tncms/webservice. (Again, you'll see the new CRUD API after 1.35 is released).

This new webservice API looks like a good start. It would be helpful to have a new editorial API for getting a list of assets, with the query parameters to filter by type and change sort order. 

Currently, I'm going to have to use the search/rss functionality to get the asset IDs for a section, then I can use the new API to get the asset details.

+1

Hey Chris, Have you looked at our webhooks feature?

In theory, if you have a service that is listening to a webhook, and then the webhook is notified every time a new asset is created or updated and it provides you a json payload with some basic information including the UUID.

Then, you can use the CRUD API to query for that asset's full information.

+2

Chris - you should be able to use the /tncms/webservice/v1/editorial/search - I see that is not documented. That end-point accepts the same parameters as any search URL.

Excellent! That search API sounds like the missing piece I needed. Thanks!