Planned

Feature request: Clicking on photos in a mosaic presentation shouldn't load a new URL

Meagen Finnerty 7 years ago in BLOX CMS updated 7 years ago 5

The new ability to embed a collection with the mosaic presentation is great, except users can't just expand a picture without going to a separate URL. If the photos simply expanded when clicked, just like the images do at the top of stories, readers wouldn't have to load a new URL or leave their spot in a story.

It's a jolt in the experience when the page moves to a new URL. It forces users to hit "Back" to finish reading the story, and is disruptive as-is. Mimicking the features the photos display at the top of the page would fix this.

Answer

Answer
Planned

Hi Meagan!

Thanks for this! To be honest, this was my oversight when building the mosaic. When we first created it, the images didn't link anywhere at all. So I just asked that they go through to the image page so I could see them better. But, I should have asked for our image overlay behavior. It is better user experience, it has potential ad spots, and it more consistent. Better all around!

I will put in a change request. Thanks for the feedback!

Answer
Planned

Hi Meagan!

Thanks for this! To be honest, this was my oversight when building the mosaic. When we first created it, the images didn't link anywhere at all. So I just asked that they go through to the image page so I could see them better. But, I should have asked for our image overlay behavior. It is better user experience, it has potential ad spots, and it more consistent. Better all around!

I will put in a change request. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks very much for the quick response; And for using the story in the webinar!

No, thank you! It was a great-looking article. =) Please share additional ones that you do. =)