+1

Bug?: Unable to close photo after viewing photo on live Flex site.

Jeff Sebestyen 7 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 7 years ago 2

I have a story with no presentation mode.  The single photo is simply a Child Asset to a Flex story.  In both Internet Explorer and Chrome, I can not close the photo after viewing it.  There is no X, and I can't click off of it.  I have to refresh the page.   I can recreate this issue on multiple stories.   I have looked on a sister site and they have an X.  I have also tried clicking where an X would be.  

Image 335

Answer

+1
Answer

The problem is that your header/nav is covering the close button. The close button is there. It's just roughly on the page under the Sign Up and Log in buttons.

If you use the developer tools, look at the style:

#site-navbar-container {

positionfixed;

top0!important;

width100%;

z-index9999;

}

Turn off the position:fixed value and you'll see the close button.

One possible way to get around this is to set the z-index on the class .modal.fullscreen.

.modal.fullscreen {

z-index10000;

}

I don't know if that will mess up something somewhere else on your site, but it would make the image overlay appear on top of the menu, and that would allow for the close button to be seen.

+1
Answer

The problem is that your header/nav is covering the close button. The close button is there. It's just roughly on the page under the Sign Up and Log in buttons.

If you use the developer tools, look at the style:

#site-navbar-container {

positionfixed;

top0!important;

width100%;

z-index9999;

}

Turn off the position:fixed value and you'll see the close button.

One possible way to get around this is to set the z-index on the class .modal.fullscreen.

.modal.fullscreen {

z-index10000;

}

I don't know if that will mess up something somewhere else on your site, but it would make the image overlay appear on top of the menu, and that would allow for the close button to be seen.

You're right, after I read your reply, I realized a while back I did remove the Blox top banner and created my own below the navigation bar.  I will look into cleaning it up.  Thank You.