Answered

Too Many Requests

Rob Snodgrass 7 years ago in BLOX CMS updated 7 years ago 2

Our organization uses VDIs (virtual desktops) hosted in Microsoft Azure as our means of doing business.  The site looks great in the VDI without any issues whatsoever. When I click the login link, I receive the login screen.  However, when I submit my credentials the server returns with an HTTP 429 error.  "Too Many Requests"

Is there anyway to avoid this message? Perhaps the system thinks that I (along with all other Azure traffic) is the same individual attacking the CMS? Is there a way to relax this restriction so we can avoid purchasing physical machines?

Thanks

Answer

Answer
Answered

Hi Rob!

I spoke with our systems department about this - it seems as though that server is being flagged as a bot (we have many rules in place to help protect sites from invalid traffic, attacks, or bad bots). If you submit a ticket to our Customer Support department, they can work with you on possible ways to identify your requests so they are not throttled. Let me know if that makes sense! Thanks!

Answer
Answered

Hi Rob!

I spoke with our systems department about this - it seems as though that server is being flagged as a bot (we have many rules in place to help protect sites from invalid traffic, attacks, or bad bots). If you submit a ticket to our Customer Support department, they can work with you on possible ways to identify your requests so they are not throttled. Let me know if that makes sense! Thanks!

Thanks Christine for your response.  I tried to create a customer support ticket, but don't have an account...nor is my email on file.  I am trying to submit an event. I am not a customer of TownNews, so perhaps this isn't an option?