+1
Under review

Customizable Menu on AMP Template

Robert Dundon 6 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Robert Dundon 6 years ago 2
What problem(s) does this idea solve? Why do you need this idea implemented? Provide as many problems or use cases as possible.

Several site editors have expressed a need to have some level of control over the menu being used. Currently, the AMP template always pulls the navigation from the nav region "mobile-nav-left," no matter what. There are no overrides or changes available to this, as it's hard-coded[1].

How often would you use this feature?

As often as site editors want to change/adjust the navigation.

How many people in your organization would use this feature?

At least 3-5 site editors (one at each of our sites)

[1]: The code is on line 8 or module.amp.nav.utl in the Core TN AMP component in Flex.

Under review

Hi Robert!

Can you speak a bit more about the problem you're trying to solve? What kinds of things are not desirable on AMP but are desired in your mobile nav?

Hi Christine!

Great question; I had to look into this again, as it's been some time :)

Anyway, I think I mis-wrote this. The code seems to always pull from "main-nav",

Though "main-nav" can be the mobile nav as well depending on the Layout / Navigation settings in the URL's Page customizations, that's not always the case.

One example is that the "Mobile navigation style" can change this using the "Mobile pattern / Wireframe grid" page customization setting in Blox.

So--depending on the settings above--another region such as "mobile-nav-left" would be the mobile/slide-out menu / navigation region. Since the AMP menu slides out in a similar, it would make sense for the 2 to share the same nav items, etc.

So, in essence, "main-nav" is hard-coded in the AMP templates for Blox for mobile menu navigation, but it's not always the case for regular Blox webpages.