Answered

Font Awesome Question

Robert Dundon 6 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 6 years ago 1

Got a heads up on this change earlier: https://help.bloxcms.com/knowledge-base/releases/software_releases/image_418c9b9d-c5c1-5c36-b720-7be8da6ed52b.html, where Font Awesome will be upgraded to Font Awesome 5.

Font Awesome 5 seems to have 3 styles (besides brands),  Solid, Light, and
Regular.

Is Bl ox CMS going with a particular style? Or are they going to allow site admins to pick within custom properties or something likethat?

Answer

Answer
Answered

Hi Robert!

I did respond to your email as well, but I will add some information here as well so that others can have it as a reference.

NOTE: We have a temporary "fallback" mode that we can enable on your site if you are worried about your icons. This mode will run Font Awesome 4 CSS and classes temporarily in case you (or we) need to make updates. Then, we turn off the "fallback" mode which will switch you back to Font Awesome 5. Please submit a Customer Support ticket if you think there will be an issue.

Firstly, there is more information in this link:

https://www.townnews365.com/releases/software_releases/faster-clearer-icons-now-available/article_54274ca4-2e76-11e8-b19f-ef49d60d53a6.html

A few important things to note:

- We are not using ALL icons - only a subset, so we can keep the library as small as possible. If you need us to add an icon (we've had a few requests already), just let us know and we can evaluate it.

- For now we are only including some of the branding library, some solid and some regular. We don't use the "light" icons so those are not included at this time. The link above has links to lists of every icon we offer, and as we add more we will add them to those lists.

- Note that we are doing our own namespace for tnt-[name] as shown in the example in the link. This way it will be easier for us to make changes in the future.

- Styling for the FA5 icons will use the tnt-* prefix as well. Example: tnt-2x, tnt-fw, tnt-layers.

Let me know if anyone has questions or if you need more information!

Answer
Answered

Hi Robert!

I did respond to your email as well, but I will add some information here as well so that others can have it as a reference.

NOTE: We have a temporary "fallback" mode that we can enable on your site if you are worried about your icons. This mode will run Font Awesome 4 CSS and classes temporarily in case you (or we) need to make updates. Then, we turn off the "fallback" mode which will switch you back to Font Awesome 5. Please submit a Customer Support ticket if you think there will be an issue.

Firstly, there is more information in this link:

https://www.townnews365.com/releases/software_releases/faster-clearer-icons-now-available/article_54274ca4-2e76-11e8-b19f-ef49d60d53a6.html

A few important things to note:

- We are not using ALL icons - only a subset, so we can keep the library as small as possible. If you need us to add an icon (we've had a few requests already), just let us know and we can evaluate it.

- For now we are only including some of the branding library, some solid and some regular. We don't use the "light" icons so those are not included at this time. The link above has links to lists of every icon we offer, and as we add more we will add them to those lists.

- Note that we are doing our own namespace for tnt-[name] as shown in the example in the link. This way it will be easier for us to make changes in the future.

- Styling for the FA5 icons will use the tnt-* prefix as well. Example: tnt-2x, tnt-fw, tnt-layers.

Let me know if anyone has questions or if you need more information!