Answered

Using email blocks without Constant Contact?

Carl Appen 3 years ago in BLOX CMS updated by Christine Masters 3 years ago 1

Has anyone used Email blocks, on an email URL, to send custom code emails without Constant Contact? E.g. we would set up newsletters on an email URL just like we would now, but send them using a different ESP. 

TN Customer Support has told me it's possible with a bit of development. I just wanted to first see if anyone else had tried, and how well it worked out. 

Answer

Answer
Answered

Yes, we have many sites that use external systems to scrape our email newsletter pages.

There are two important functions that our integrated solution takes care of for you that may pop up if you use our pages with an external system:

1. There are sometimes JavaScript or tracking information included in the templates (which are not appropriate for emails). Our system removes this automatically, so you may need to ask an external system to do that.

2. Our system creates special pages to help get breaking news out as quickly as possible (by creating a specialized version of the article page for email). It is possible that if you are using an external system to scrape BLOX pages, you may have issues with caching or may need to do cache busting to ensure you're getting an un-cached page.

Let me know if you have more questions about this!

Christine

Answer
Answered

Yes, we have many sites that use external systems to scrape our email newsletter pages.

There are two important functions that our integrated solution takes care of for you that may pop up if you use our pages with an external system:

1. There are sometimes JavaScript or tracking information included in the templates (which are not appropriate for emails). Our system removes this automatically, so you may need to ask an external system to do that.

2. Our system creates special pages to help get breaking news out as quickly as possible (by creating a specialized version of the article page for email). It is possible that if you are using an external system to scrape BLOX pages, you may have issues with caching or may need to do cache busting to ensure you're getting an un-cached page.

Let me know if you have more questions about this!

Christine